NEO RETREAT CENTER OF THE CHURCH OF GOD
Date: December 19, 2019
Job Title: Retreat Center Property Manager
We are seeking a seasoned hands-on Property Manager to direct the running of our facilities and create a safe and efficient environment. Duties for the Property Manager will include directing facilities functions, implementing policies and safety procedures, engaging with vendors and contractors, minimizing hazards, preparing facilities budgets and monitoring expenditure, coordinating remodeling and refurbishment initiatives, testing equipment, and ensuring compliance with zoning laws.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess good communication skills, excellent organizational skills, broad knowledge of business functions, and project management experience. The outstanding Property Manager must understand the technical aspects of the property, support day to day business operations, ensure efficient operation of facilities, mitigate risk, and ensure that facilities meet the needs of the NEO General Assembly of the Church of God.
Desired Start Date: February 1, 2020
Package: Salary and benefits to be negotiated. Housing and utilities included.
Overview of Position:
To implement the vision and mission of the NEO Retreat Center of the Church of God as it pertains to the maintenance and promotion of the NEO Retreat Center facilities. The Retreat Center Property Manager is hired by and reports to the NEO Retreat Center Board of Directors. The Retreat Center Property Manager’s responsibility is to see that all physical and operational needs of the center are managed such that the Retreat Center can effectively be used to fulfill its stated mission. This includes all administrative, development, financial, and legal duties necessary to keep the center operational, financially healthy, and able to promote its mission.
Will report to and work closely with the NEO Retreat Center Board as it pertains to the upkeep and maintenance of the facilities.
- A self-starter with drive, passion and initiative
- Teachable and willing to be held accountable
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastically promote the mission, vision, and purposes of the NEO Retreat Center
- Ability to recruit, select, and equip volunteers & develop leaders
- Complete the necessary background checks
- Devoted follower of Jesus Christ with lifestyle consistent with the Church of God
- Called to minister in alignment with the mission and vision of NEO Retreat Center Board and NEO General Assembly of the Church of God
- Relevant experience in sewer operations, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and carpentry.
- Good communication skills.
- Understand the dynamics of churches and camp ministries.
- Strong teamwork, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Financial management disciplines
- Experience in Christian camping, conferencing and retreating
- 5 years full-time camp manager(preferred)
- Maintenance of building and equipment as it pertains to campgrounds experience.
- In collaboration with the NEO Retreat Center Board and NEO General Assembly of the Church of God develop and implement short and long-term strategic plans
- Manage fiscal responsibilities including participating in the preparation of the annual budget and oversight of day to day operations
- Support the mission, vision and initiatives of the NEO Retreat Center Board and NEO General Assembly of the Church of God, especially as related to events held at NEO Retreat Center
- The Retreat Center Property Manager will oversee the construction, maintenance and housekeeping of all facilities and physical plant systems to provide a safe, clean, and pleasing environment including:
- All buildings and grounds
- Utilities: sewer systems, water systems, electrical, and propane
- Roads, parking lots, and sidewalks (including snow and ice removal)
- Landscaping and grounds
- Represent the Retreat Center with the NEO Men of the Church of God and the local Board of Health.
- Effective communication with guests, residents, retreat managers, volunteers, utility companies, key clients, contractors and suppliers which includes cultivating good public relations and building of relationships
- Maintain, organize, and update procedural manuals (retreat & site management)
- Keep up with inspections, all permits, fees or dues to operate facilities (health department licenses, building permits, water samples, etc). Give to NEO Retreat Center Treasurer for filing.
- Create and enforce policies for no public hunting on property and other use of camp
grounds and property
- Purchase lodging supplies and maintain inventory controls of supplies and equipment.
- Submit all invoices to Treasurer for recording and payment weekly
- Winterize buildings and property as needed
- Meet regularly with the NEO Retreat Center Board as an ex-officio (non-voting) member and the NEO Executive Council upon request. Prepare and present periodic reports
- Recruit and schedule volunteers
- Attend NEO District General Assemblies as the representative of the Retreat Center
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Send applications to David Guess @ firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 123, Amsterdam, OH 43903